The Mindfulness Bell Submissions
The heart of The Mindfulness Bell is the creative expression of mindfulness practice offered by practitioners throughout the world. The beauty of each issue comes from the creative fruits offered by our readers. Many of our articles are commissioned, or transcribed and edited from Dharma teachers’ talks. We welcome your submissions and publish a limited number of unsolicited articles.
Submissions for upcoming issues of The Mindfulness Bell should include specific examples of how mindfulness practice in your daily life is helping you to transform suffering, create peace, and improve relationships and well-being.
Please share submissions from your personal practice in the Plum Village tradition, writing from your heart on:
- 2023 themes: Mindfulness in Public Health, Climate Change– transforming climate crisis despair, and not watering seeds of hatred or creating enemies of others
- Climate justice and engaging with the climate crisis
- Social justice (BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, gender, healthcare, income inequality, etc.)
- Buddhist psychology and its relationship with science, public health, neuroscience, and trauma
- Sangha building and outreach
We especially request stories, poems, and artwork from children and teens.
We prefer articles between 300–1,200 words and poetry up to 25 lines. Please send your submission in Word format, a high-resolution photo with a file size of at least 1MB to illustrate your submission (optional), a high-res photo of yourself, and a 2–3 sentence bio with your Dharma name (if any).
We appreciate photos, artwork, illustrations, and cartoons from your local Sangha, family, and community. Please send high-res images as TIF or JPG files, 1 MB or larger.
We accept submissions on a continuous, rolling basis for consideration to be published on our website.
For consideration for our print issues, deadlines are October 13 for the March equinox issue and April 13 for the September equinox issue.
We are a small team and it may take several months for us to respond to submissions. We appreciate your patience.